Wednesday, May 15, 2013

For Sandra's Baby Shower

My very first public reading of my poems was at my friends Sandra's baby shower. Her and the Ladies Night Out Group - Sandy, Kemba and of course can't forget Kathy :-) had been after me to read and after Sandra's special request I couldn't refuse. With my poetry critic encouraging me through the shower and cheering me on I went forward with it.


For Joseph Wayne Woodward

Life hands us changes
We don't always know what's in store
Whats ahead or what's right around the corner
We think that certain aspects of our life are over
But then fate takes a different turn and the unexpected can happen
We can welcome it, embrace it, reject or defy it
But in the end it will still be with us. 
Sandra's faith and strength, allow her to welcome and embrace her change
Joseph Wayne will be treasured and cherished. Pampered and spoiled
And loved beyond measure. 
Yes he will bring the unexpected changes and old memories back into in her life
From late nights to potty training to kindergarten through the teen years
Her love for him will be abundant, ever flowing,ever lasting 
This great gift she's been given along w her other two bundles if joy
Will round out her life complete
And add additional blessings upon her

No comments:

Post a Comment