Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Art?

Normally I post only my poetry but today I wanted to make a statement about art.  A blogger friend of mine (check her out Writings of a Mrs) received an unsettling message  “…that you were not engaged with us because of your person; because of the parody of work that you display as “art” are a taint to that which is pure and true.” – anonymous.  I found this hurtful to the art community we know today as art is expression, whether it is a painting, graphics, a story or poetry. It’s something that comes from the heart, from within. Should we put lines and boundaries on it? I think not, if that were the case then some of our greatest ‘artists’ would have been silenced. I’m behind her and our other artists for their expressions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment