Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Not Alone On My Journey


No where to go and nothing to do
Finally it sinks in, there is no more work
Do I have purpose now?  
I have to come up with new goals, new dreams, new ideas
I knew this time would come,
But one is never actually prepared for this, I really wasn't quite ready
I hadn't mentally accepted my new fate 
But here it is, right in my face
Am I ready for this new challenge? I must reinvent myself
But I am not alone in this life altering transformation
My clothes are calling to me.  They have become lonely and desolate 
Without the twirl of the rack in my daily game preparation I used to play
The dress or skirt, black or blue, pumps or sling backs
They all tried to shine imperiously wanting to get my attention
Choose me, wear me, they appeared to shout
Now the casual clothes are blossoming giving a chagrined nod
To the once business, professional wear that has moved to the back
Relished to only be chosen possibly, hopefully, optimistically for church
Or on the off chance that an interview may come their way
Oh how they were once regaled as every day wear
The slacks shined on the curvaceousness of my hips
The dresses swayed in soft motion against my legs
The heels giving way to fierce and dazzling calves 
None to worry they will shine once more
Even brighter, more majestically in my new environment
That has yet to be named, but is out there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment