Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Return of an Unwanted Friend


My pain had been relieved it had been gone for a week 
I was free from it's hold on me
What was once a constant was now diminished. 
I felt reassured, calmed and comforted by its absence. 
The spring in my step and bounce in my gait was so pleasurable
It had not been debilitating, incapacitating or even enervating at its peak
But it had been known to be sapping, draining and sometimes weakening
On a much milder level at its highest form. 
The meds were a delight, my friend in disguise
What was meant for one plight, took form and rendered me
Superior and unconquerable all over. 
I was in a euphoria over my plethora of well being. 
Alas that sensation has been reduced to times gone by
And I wake in the morning with my old friend once again.
I fear I will always be in that gnawing state and it will be never ending, 
always with me, constant until the end 

No comments:

Post a Comment